Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Guest Blogger: Katie Boeck (Isabella) from Wuthering Heights Music

I actually first heard about Wuthering Heights through an ad on Craigslist. As a student at UCLA's School of Theater, Film, and Television I stay fairly busy with school but I happened to be looking for outside work and when I came across Mark Ryan's ad the project description intrigued me.

I sent in my headshot and resume and Mark sent me a couple of songs to listen to. I absoulutely fell in love with them from the minute I heard them. The character of Isabella especially interested me and the music Mark had written for her part was just beautiful. Mark and I spoke and he wanted to make sure that I understood the magnitude of sheer emotion that comes with playing these characters. He really stressed the dramatic intention he wanted to come through in the characters' voices. I came in to do some preliminary recording and ended up recording the songs "Women" and "Dark Passion" right then and there.
We still needed a Nelly and I knew of some very talented women from my department at UCLA and recommended Jessica Kennan Wynn, who was a shoe in. We filmed the music video and working with Jenn Korbee and Jessica was just great. Mark has been working on the project for so long and he believes in the story of these characters so much that he has a very clear vision of what he wants which makes it an enjoyable experience to be a part of.

I look forward to what lies ahead for Wuthering Heights and know that between the solid story line Emily Bronte wrote so long ago and the beautiful music Mark has written to illustrate the emotion of these characters, it is a project that I think musical theater audiences are really ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment