Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Sneak Peak at The Wildwood Tarot (coming Spring 2011)

If you're a fan of The Greenwood Tarot, which I originally created with the talented Chesca Potter, you know it's been out of print for several years. Well, I am so happy to tell you that a new, reconceived version is coming, The Wildwood Tarot.  Today I announced a sneak peak at the new deck, so here you go!

Please tell us what you think!

July 06, 2010 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Mark Ryan, actor and swordmaster, is best known for his role as Nasir in the TV series Robin of Sherwood and as the voice of Bumble Bee and Jetfire in the Transformers films. In 1996, Ryan and visionary artist Chesca Potter collaborated to produce The Greenwood Tarot. The Greenwood Tarot quickly achieved cult status and has been out of print for several years. Now Ryan and long-time friend and Tarot expert, John Matthews, have combined their skills and love of the ancient woods to reconceive the original deck and book pack and release it as The Wildwood Tarot. The Wildwood Tarot will be available spring 2011 through Sterling Publishing (US) and Connections Book Publishing (UK).  Read more>>

14 comments:

  1. Wow, Mark. These are awesome. A couple of different ones to those shown on Facebook.
    I do like the Seer and the Archer's strength of purpose.
    Kind regards,
    Karen=0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artwork (and symbolism) is gorgeous, deep and detailed. That's exactly what I'd hope for in an ideal deck.
    I'm impressed! (And I'm a professional illustrator, so I'm hard to please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely beautiful. I'm not usually someone who will pick up a tarot deck (I'm rather fuzzy on the meanings) but this is a must-get. I can't wait until this hits stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These powerful images spoke to me eloquently. Articulate; akin to the silent speech of a Saracen's eyebrows. >Grin<
    I would like to see the best of them produced as individual art prints on a larger scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a collector and a reader. These images are stunning. I can't wait. Very impressive. Especially love the Seer. Pleased that I stumbled onto this site--a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will they be availble for pre-ordering? I don't want to miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a huge fan of keywords on the cards as it limits the interpretation of the image. However the images are very striking. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Preferred Chesca's artwork to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well! There's no accounting for individual taste, of course but I think Will's done amazing and more easily accessible work on this version and it was really rewarding working with Johnny Matthews. I'm just glad The Wildwood Tarot (The Greenwood's original name) is back in print and available as an evolution of the original concept for people to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very much looking forward to meeting this deck in person. Can you tell me, has the Wheel of the Year theme and/or alchemical rotation of the elements been retained? Thanks! -Rosaleen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mark love the work and and the Robin in the Hood series. It does distract with keywords but as I am devising my own Oracle deck i understand why. And also have the Sacred Circle which is a Worthington Deck as well.
    Keep up the good work and may your sword like your intelect never be dull.
    Eamon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bought these yesterday and already owning greenwood tarot for many years have to say these are wonderful. They speak to me on the same level that the greenwood does and something more - the book helps me to dig deeper with the greenwood. It is the long awaited sequel and so happy to have them. Have quality written all over them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awsome art on this one, and it really works with my intuition! Please include a tuck box for the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mark
    Great Tarot deck love the concept and am working on the spreads. Kinda weird spreads as working on my own cards so it does help to see yours opened a fe doors for me.
    Best of luck in all ya do.
    Caoilte aka Eamon

    ReplyDelete